It’s September already and you probably know what that means – that means CHAOS in your life.
Your children are going back to school, so that chaos is only partial and temporary, as when all of that mess, in the beginning, will be handled your life will go back to normal.
But that’s for sure the time you want to prepare yourself with the best tools to handle all of the mess.
Here are some tactics you can use:
1. Prepare Mentally
My advice for you for this time would be: „When the time comes, become a Zen Monk, become like a Bonzai tree, and do not get off the path even when things are getting really bad”.
That’s what reading Confucius taught me and that’s exactly what you need for this Apocalypse Time. That’s might not be funny at all for you, but I’m not kidding.
Okay, maybe I exaggerate a little (I’m not).
What you should do when Doomsday is getting closer is:
– Talk to your child, know his needs, ask him questions, do not assume you know better than he does.
– Encourage your kids to read at least one book before the school year begins for good,
– Set your kids’ sleep schedules back to “school time” two weeks before the first day of school.
2. Put Time and Schedule Management Plans in Place
Having a schedule is really important in this day and age, especially if you have children. There is probably a lot going in your life and a little discipline might work wonders, not only for you but even more for your children.
Here are some ways in which you can accomplish that.
– Let kids choose a planner or scheduling tool they’re excited to use.
– Help your kids put together a rough outline of their school and activity schedules.
– Set up weekly meetings to review your kids’ schedules for the week(s) ahead. You can call it „Sunday Check” (children like events, and it can also bring some fun to the table).
Do EVERYTHING YOU CAN DO the night before.
Because as Murphy’s law says – „If something can go wrong – it will go wrong”.
And it is a lot more possible if you have children.
All of the best and take care!